Thank you for your interest but we are not seeking any help at the moment.
Marketing and Publicity Manager Opening at Monthly Review
Monthly Review Press, an independent socialist publisher founded in 1952, is seeking a full-time marketing and publicity manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing creative solutions to generate publicity and attention in emerging publicity outlets, including social media platforms, bloggers, websites, podcasts, and other social networks; facilitating and hosting virtual book launches and author seminars and discussions.
- Generating and maintaining content for 10–12 new titles over the course of the year. This includes:
- Working with authors to write catalog copy;
- Soliciting blurbs prior to publication;
- Writing and publishing press releases for website and mailing lists;
- Compiling reviewer lists, setting up interviews, book reviews, podcasts, and eblasts after publication;
- Helping authors develop strategies to create direct engagement opportunities using online platforms;
- Registering copyrights; working with print-on-demand and eBook publisher to maintain files and workflow; general clerical.
- Liaising with our distributor, New York University Press, and assisting in representing MR Press at two seasonal sales conferences.
- Participating in process of selecting, editing, and posting additional content through the various Monthly Review websites and social media outlets.
Candidates must be self-starters, detail-oriented, focused, and capable of handling multiple tasks at once. Excellent writing and communication skills are essential, as is experience with—or the capacity to learn easily/quickly—the following applications:
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat, InDesign and Photoshop
- WordPress (e-commerce platforms)
- Buffer (social media scheduling)
During the pandemic, the position is chiefly remote but will eventually transition to in-person presence in our New York City office. Salary is $45k/year, and includes full medical and dental benefits and employer contribution to pension plan.
Send résumé, cover letter, and references to jobsearch [at] monthlyreview.org.